The Order Posts by Word Count plugin creates a widget that lists posts in order by word count. Posts can be sorted in ascending or descending order and you can select how many posts you want to show. The widget can be used in the sidebar or any widgetized area.
The widget uses your existing CSS rules to adapt to the look and feel of your site. If the widget does not look quite right, your existing CSS files will likely need tweaking. You can visit the plugin homepage for questions regarding this plugin.
Latest version: Download Order Posts by Word Count v1.2 [zip]
Total Downloads: 1733
To install this plugin, follow these simple steps:
- Download the .zip file
- Extract the files to the plugins folder in WordPress (../wp-content/plugins/)
- Log in to WordPress using an administrator account and click on ‘Plugins’ in the left-hand navigation. Find the plugin named ‘Order Posts by Word Count’ and click on the ‘Activate’ link.
- Click on ‘Appearance’ in the left-hand navigation and then on ‘Widgets’ in the submenu. Locate the widget titled ‘Order Posts by Word Count’ and drag it into your sidebar or other widget area.
- That’s it! Go to your website and admire your new plugin.
* This widget will only work with WordPress version 2.8 or later.
If you are having trouble with this plugin, please take the following steps:
- Read the plugin documentation.
- Check the support forum and post your question or issue.
- If you don’t get an adequate response in the forums, submit a bug report or feature request.
If you need customizations to this plugin that are specific to your needs and unrelated to the general functionality of this plugin, feel free to contact us directly for paid support.