WordPress is a popular solution for managing website’s nowadays. The reason it is so popular is because of the simplicity with which you can add or manage the content on your site.
Using WordPress for the first time can be a bit confusing, but once you get the hang of things, I guarantee you will love it! One of the first tasks you will need to learn to perform is how to add a page to your site. Here is a great video from WordPress.tv on how to add pages:
Adding Pages to Your WordPress Website
- Log in to administrative back-end of your WordPress site. Typically, you can reach the login by typing in your normal website address and adding
/wp-adminon the end.
- Next, click on ‘Pages’ in the navigation menu on the left-hand side. If you have pages already, they will appear on this page.
- To add a page, click on the ‘Add New’ button in the ‘Pages’ sub-menu or at the top of the page that just loaded.
- Now, you should be on the ‘Add New Page’ screen. The first box you will need to fill in is the title. Below the title field is a text editor where you can put the content you want to appear on your page.
- On the right-hand side, you will see some options. If you want to add this as a sub-page of another page, you can do so in the ‘Page Attributes’ box.
- Once you are ready to publish your page, just click on the blue ‘Publish’ button in the ‘Publish’ box at the top right of the page.
- Once the page has been published, you will see a notification at the top of the page with a link to view your page on the main site.
So that is it in a nutshell. It is pretty simple, but feel free to ask any questions in the comments.